Software Engineer (Remote)
StaffAny’s mission is to shape and empower the future of work. We provide our users with a remedy that streamlines and automates their painful Operations and HR processes. Our users rely on our superpowers to understand their frustrations and we are here to empower them to make time for what they love.
StaffAny started humbly from Singapore and is growing fast. We are looking to bet on our next rockstar who can learn and grow together with us. You will be part of the early team to shape and accelerate the growth of the company.
About the Role
We are looking for a software engineer with 1 to 3 years of experience to join and grow together with our company. The ideal candidate has a consistent drive for learning and self-improvement, and would be able to communicate clearly, design and build scalable solutions independently. As such, you must have experience shipping production code and working in a software engineering team.
This opportunity is for a remote position, but you must be comfortable working in the Singapore timezone (GMT+8).
As an engineer, you will be exposed to more than just programming. You will collaborate with product managers and designers and even speak directly with our customers to experience their problems first hand.
- Place great emphasis on learning and growth
- Appreciate and understand how business requirements affect the product
- An excellent technical communicator fluent in speaking, reading and writing English
- Good understanding of frontend and backend web development and their related technologies
- Experience in SQL databases like Postgres and Git version control
- Experience working in a sprint-based delivery structure
You Will Find Yourself
- Collaborate with the designers and product managers on features
- Explain technical constraints, explore edge cases
- Design the technical specifications of features and implementing them, while considering existing systems and future extensions
- Collaborate and work with other engineers
- Coordinate testing with design and product teams
- Triage and fix bugs as they arise
- Increase test coverage of the system
- Devise a test/regression plan that includes all the behaviors and test cases expected
- If necessary, devise a deployment plan that may involve e.g. feature flagging, scripts that need to be run
- Contribute to and write documentation for the team
- Participate in manual regression testing with the rest of the engineering team
- Rotate through a regular on call schedule with the rest of the engineering team
- The opportunity to be part of the team that paints StaffAny’s story.
- Be part of a fast-paced growth environment that always stretches you and forces you to be slightly uncomfortable
- Work with talented, intense and motivated colleagues in a dynamic and vibrant environment