Data Analyst Internship (Jan 2024 ~ Jun 2024)
About the company
StaffAny’s mission is to shape and empower the future of work. We provide our users with a remedy that streamlines and automates their painful Operations and HR processes. Our users rely on our superpowers to understand their frustrations and we are here to empower them to make time for what they love. StaffAny started humbly from Singapore and is growing fast. We are looking for fun loving interns who want to take ownership and deliver outsized impact. You will be part of the early team to shape and accelerate the growth of the company.
About the role
The Data Analyst Intern is responsible for helping teams where necessary with their data needs (such as data engineering, analysis or visualisation), and help improve the data maturity of our organisation.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with other leaders across the StaffAny team like Internal Ops, Sales and Marketing, Product and Engineering to help with standardising, designing, capturing, automating, and implementing their performance indicators. You’ll be exposed to data across a range of sources, from financial and revenue data to product-specific data. You’ll grow your technical and business knowledge across the spectrum as you take on challenging projects with hard-to-quantify data or goals. Eventually, you will have the chance to drive cross-functional company initiatives by analysing data across different functional sources and discovering insights.
There is an opportunity to convert this internship into a full time position at the end of the internship.
- Fluent in SQL within analytical data warehouses (we use Bigquery) and in business intelligence tools (we use Metabase)
- Passionate about data, analytics, and automation. Bonus if you have experience cleaning and modelling large quantities of raw, disorganised data
- Able to communicate and collaborate with different teams and stakeholders
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organisational skills
You will find yourself
- Collaborating with functions across the company to understand qualitative business requirements and translate them to quantitative, measurable goals
- Designing and implementing methods to collect and clean data and building out reports and dashboards to help different functions hit their goals
- Develop and maintain our data pipeline, with an emphasis on scalability and maintainability
- Extend our data warehouse with relevant data models, and coverage of data quality tests for our data models
- Understand and document the full lifecycle of data in our Data Catalog so data can be efficiently integrated, modelled, and analysed
- Developing and iterating on processes and workflows to help us maintain high-quality data and reporting
- Assisting with driving cross-functional alignment through defining and consolidating the team’s data across different sources into a single source of truth
- Working with the team to strike a good balance between executing on urgent business metrics, while building a good data process and foundation for future growth
- You will work closely with the Data Team and the CTO in the execution of your duties
- The opportunity to drive actualized impact through data, across all functions
- The opportunity to convert into a full time position upon the end of the internship
- Potential opportunity to grow into data leadership role as company grows
- Be part of a fast-paced growth environment that always stretches you and forces you to be slightly uncomfortable
- Work with talented, intense, and motivated colleagues in a dynamic and vibrant environment
- This is an onsite opportunity for our Singapore office. You are required to be a resident in Singapore during the period of your internship.
- We have a hybrid working arrangement, with at least 2 days in the office every week. The exact arrangement is up to the specific team.
- Interns are strongly encouraged to be in the office more often because that gives them more access to the help and mentorship they need.
- This is subject to change and may be different by the time you join the company officially.