The Product Designer
StaffAny’s mission is to shape and empower the future of work. We provide our users with a remedy that streamlines and automates their painful Operations and HR processes. Our users rely on our superpowers to root out their frustrations and we are here to empower them to make time for what they love.
About the Role
The Product Designer is responsible for articulating and conceptualizing our product vision and to shape our features from start to finish. You will not only be improving the user experience via UI and UX, but drive business outcomes such as customer acquisition, conversion and retention.
You sometimes cringe when people think that what you do involves only a single aspect of design (like visual design) as you know that to create delightful user experiences, a product team member needs the skill sets that are not limited to user research, problem solving, prototyping, data analytics, experimentation. With your design thinking skills and unique lens of the world, you often think about improving experiences and solving problems when you face them (such as the “push” door with a handle with misleading affordances).
As a team player, you inspire others around you with optimism, and a “what if” mindset despite the scarce resources given to you. You will work closely with the product manager as well as engineers, and spend a lot of time with our customers to gather insights and eventually be their loudest voice in the room to design and scope features that they rely on every single day!
- A Product Designer with basic design skills under your belt.
- Familiar with design tools such as Figma
- Empathetic towards customers and collaborating with different stakeholders to gather insights, and translate it to successful execution.
- Someone who has read about design sprints, done user interviews, created user journey maps and have experience building wireframes and prototypes
- Someone who effectively incorporates user feedback and is humble to seek opinions of other team members such as the sales, marketing and engineering team to improve your craft.
- Someone who wants to experience the dynamism, autonomy, and opportunity to create impact in a cross-functional product team.
- Someone who is a great collaborator, communicator, and great with people
- A product designer who just can’t let problems stay unsolved regardless of its complexity.
- Someone who is interested in technical aspects of design such as system design, architecture, design for scale etc.
- Aspiring to work as a Senior Designer/Product Manager /User Researcher in the next 1-3 year
You Will Find Yourself
- Anchoring design projects end to end, ranging from research, conceptual design, prototypes, validation of usability and feasibility to creating production ready designs, implementation and design QAs.
- Articulating design decisions, leveraging experience, research, and data to build consensus and move the product process forward, and incorporating feedback into the design lifecycle
- Creating durable, reusable components and patterns to accelerate the design process and create consistent, coherent experiences for users.
- [Optional] Experience working with design systems will be a great addition to our team.
- Working alongside engineers and other designers to ensure design quality in implementation and process improvements
- Supporting design initiatives by sharing your process and knowledge and bringing our processes inside the team to the next level
Potential Performance Indicators
- Overall Results – Uplift in UX Metrics (eg. UMUX, HEART, SUS), maturity scores and NPS.
- Overall Outputs – Design output and deadline management
- The opportunity to impact millions of hourly workers in the region
- The opportunity to set up processes and impact product decisions directly
- Be part of a fast-paced growth environment that always stretches you and forces you to be slightly uncomfortable
- Work with talented, intense and motivated colleagues in a dynamic and vibrant environment