Software Engineer Intern
This is a 6 month internship for Jan - Jun 2023
StaffAny’s mission is to shape and empower the future of work. We provide our users with a remedy that streamlines and automates their painful Operations and HR processes. Our users rely on our superpowers to understand their frustrations and we are here to empower them to make time for what they love. StaffAny started humbly from Singapore and is growing fast. We are looking for fun loving interns who want to take ownership and deliver outsized impact. You will be part of the early team to shape and accelerate the growth of the company.
The StaffAny Software Engineering Internship is designed to coach and bring interns into the world of production software engineering. After a gradual ramp-up over 6-8 weeks, we’ll ease you into feature engineering as a feature lead. You’ll start off as co-feature leads with other engineers, and eventually get to take on your own features and projects. You’ll get to lead and take on large, expansive projects with ongoing requirements and changes.
You’ll develop your technical knowledge across the stack as you take on challenging projects that span multiple platforms. When you leave, you’ll have a deep understanding of what a small and agile team of engineers is capable of and how to deliver maximum value for customers and the business.
The main hard requirement is experience in programming. Production experience is a plus, but not required. You should have a thirst for learning and have an appreciation for business and product requirements.
- You should know how to code!
- Attitude for learning
- Appreciate business and product requirements
- Experience with our stack is a big plus
- Typescript, React, React Native, NodeJS, HapiJS, Postgres
Roles & Responsibility
Your main role will be as a software engineer, bringing a feature from conception through to delivery
- Be the “technical consultant” for the feature
- Collaborate with the designer on the feature
- Explain technical constraints, explore edge cases
- Suggest improvements and workarounds
- Be the “software architect” for the feature
- Design the technical implementation of the feature
- Plan for how your feature will modify existing systems, or interface with other existing systems
- Plan for possible future extensions to your feature
- Be the “project manager” for the feature
- Delegate to other engineers and manage their progress on your feature
- Report upwards if your feature is delayed, and give daily status updates as needed
- Be the “QA/release engineer” for the feature
- Coordinate Design and Feature QA with design and product
- Address and fix bugs as they arise
- If necessary, devise a test/regression plan that includes all the behaviors and test cases expected
- If necessary, devise a deployment plan that may involve e.g. feature flagging, scripts that need to be run
You’ll also be expected to perform other duties, as and when necessary
- Help other engineers with their features, whether by building or testing them
- Participate in manual regression testing with the rest of the engineering team
- Contribute to and write documentation for the team