Senior Product Manager, Growth
B2B SaaS is easy - understand your ICP and get PMF, then build PLG to increase TOFU and lower CAC
StaffAny’s mission is to shape and empower the future of hourly work. We provide our users with a remedy that streamlines and automates their painful Operations and HR processes. Our users rely on our superpowers to understand their frustrations and we are here to empower them to make time for what they love.
About the Role
As a Product Manager of StaffAny, you have the unique opportunity to be on the driving seat to directly shape and define the future of hourly work. There are a million potential opportunities and directions we can pursue to impact the future of hourly work, and it’ll be up to you to work out what we are going to work on and why, and collaborate with your team to figure out how to get there.
For the Growth specialization, you’ll be the go-to person for growth initiatives across the team, from Acquisition, Activation to Monetization. You will lead the team that owns the entire new customer and new user journey across every platform (web and mobile), from landing on staffany.com through sign-up, onboarding and the entire first month experience to conversion.
In Acquisition, you will be the evangelist for all new Acquisition initiatives. You should be able to synthesize user needs with SEO concepts (with a principled understanding of what drives organic search success) to build delightful products that help the team hit our new user sign-up goals. You might also be collaborating with product leaders to strategize, and instrument, and execute on growth loops.
In Activation, you will be expected to help new users and teams that start using StaffAny successfully get off the ground and stay retained, with a primary focus on lower-ACV self-service businesses.
In Monetization, you will be expected to drive a step-function increase in the rate new teams and new users eventually convert and pay on StaffAny. You will also be responsible for iterating on growth infrastructure, like iterating on our current billing system to support world class customer experiences.
As a senior growth leader, you should also have a deep understanding on growth strategies (like product-led growth), pricing strategies (like understanding the trade-offs between freemium and free trial), monetization levers and tradeoffs (you should be able to suggest pricing changes), and you are willing to spend the time necessary to keep up with the competitive landscape and best practices in growth, and utilize that knowledge to build better product.
As you will be driving growth with a focus for the Indonesian market, you should have a strong understanding of the Indonesian context. Ability to speak Bahasa Indonesia is a strong plus point.
You might be aspiring to eventually become a group product manager and lead multiple growth teams as part of your career plans, and the breadth and depth of exposure to growth processes, strategies, and work in this stint would put you in a good position to do so.
Note: This role is a remote role
As a Product Manager, you are/have
- Prior experience in product management
- Strong english communication skills (both written and spoken)
- A passion for design and usability
- Strong opinions, weakly held (based on imperfect data, you can develop an initial hypothesis, but be willing to move and make thoughtful decisions based on more information)
- Highly independent and pragmatic, and have a strong bias for action
- Embrace a growth mindset
- Highly receptive to feedback or coaching, and can engage with stakeholders in two-way communication
- Can trust and empower the team you are leading to deliver great products and achieve the team’s goals
As a Senior Product Manager focusing on Growth, you additionally are / have
- Strong analytical and data skills, statistical knowledge, and a hypothesis driven mindset
- Well versed in experimentation modeling and A/B testing
- Live and breathe funnels, understand how to optimize them, and understand how actions at each step would impact the final outcome
- Great knowledge of growth flywheels, and are able to build network effects and are able to apply creative big bold ideas in a seemingly dull b2b space
- Have built and optimised onboarding flows in both web and app platforms
- Have experience in product led growth initiatives
- You should be able to speak Bahasa Indonesia, or have deep context into the Indonesian market
- You should be able lead by example, and gain influence over team members you are not directly managing
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Bonus if you have experience in the B2B context in SEA, preferably in Indonesia
- Bonus if you know enough channel-based skills (like SEO), or are able to pick them up on the job
You will find yourself
- Collaborating with product and business leadership to flesh out the product vision and strategy, and develop a roadmap of growth initiatives that drive product strategy, and reflect business priorities and cost
- Supporting company wide efforts of growing the business across the SEA region, with a focus in Indonesia
- Collaborating with functions across the company (especially Finance, Data, Marketing, Onboarding) to drive growth initiatives
- Driving strong decision making with quantitative data on user behavior and experimentation, and qualitative research and customer insights (e.g. a/b testing, survey data, usability studies)
- Understanding and communicating the problems of our users and customers, and defining a solution that is loved by them while viable for StaffAny.
- Defining methods and metrics for identifying success and failure while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives.
- Leading a highly collaborative, cross-functional team with product designers and engineers to ensure that we not only build the right products, but also build our products right
- Mentoring other junior product managers to ensure they can add value faster
- This role reports directly to the CPO
You are not (solely) responsible for:
- A team of engineers: you will take the lead in decisions about the product, but not manage the people implementing it
- Capacity planning: you will define priorities, but the Engineering Manager evaluates the amount of work possible
- Shipping in time: you will work in a cross functional team of designers and engineers, but the group is responsible for shipping on time, it’s not solely on you!
Potential Performance Indicators
- User Acquisition – Volume of new user sign ups due to product initiatives
- Activation rates across different new user flows and platforms
- First month new user retention rates
- New user free trial conversion rates / New user freemium upsell rate
- The opportunity to be at the front seat driving StaffAny’s Product-led growth transformation
- If you do well, the opportunity to eventually scale up as a Group Product Manager
- Be part of a fast-paced growth environment that always stretches you and forces you to be slightly uncomfortable
- Work with talented, intense, and motivated colleagues in a dynamic and vibrant environment
- Work with an experienced APM/PD that had been in the organization since our founding to collaborate and bounce ideas with