Product Manager, Innovation
B2B SaaS is easy - understand your ICP and get PMF, then build PLG to increase TOFU and lower CAC
StaffAny’s mission is to shape and empower the future of work. We provide our users with a remedy that streamlines and automates their painful Operations and HR processes. Our users rely on our superpowers to understand their frustrations and we are here to empower them to make time for what they love.
About the Role
As a Product Manager of StaffAny, you have the unique opportunity to be on the driving seat to directly shape and define the future of hourly work. There are a million potential opportunities and directions we can pursue to impact the future of hourly work, and it’ll be up to you to work out what we are going to work on and why, and collaborate with your pod to figure out how to get there.
For the Innovation specialization, you’ll be the go-to person for launching new product lines. With your entrepreneurial spirit and pragmatic approach, you’ll quickly develop a deep knowledge of the market landscape, uncover and size areas of opportunity grounded by a deep understanding of our users and customers, develop our product strategy, and drive the product from concept to reality.
As an innovation leader, you will be expected to be well-versed in customer development skills (building problem statements from customer interviews, partnering with design and research), have a strong sense of what makes good product positioning and what is a good problem / solution fit, and you are willing to spend the time necessary to keep up with the competitive landscape in the problem areas that you oversee to help drive the product vision and strategy.
As you will be launching new product lines with a focus for the Indonesian market, you should have a strong understanding of the Indonesian context. Ability to speak Bahasa Indonesia is a strong plus point. Experience managing marketplace or fintech products would be a huge bonus.
You might be aspiring to eventually become a senior product manager, who can represent your problem area and product line as a thought leader, or even a group product manager leading multiple product lines as part of your career plans, and the breadth and depth of exposure to new problem areas, and work in this stint would put you in a good position to do so.
With your success, over the next few years you will have taken StaffAny from a workforce management tool to our envisioned operating system for hourly work.
Note: This role is a remote role
As a Product Manager, you are / have
- Prior experience in product management
- Strong english communication skills (both written and spoken)
- A passion for design and usability
- Strong opinions, weakly held (based on imperfect data, you can develop an initial hypothesis, but be willing to move and make thoughtful decisions based on more information)
- Highly independent and pragmatic, and have a strong bias for action
- Embrace a growth mindset
- Highly receptive to feedback or coaching, and can engage with stakeholders in two-way communication
- Can trust and empower the team you are leading to deliver great products and achieve the team’s goals
As a Product Manager focusing on Innovation, you additionally are / have
- Strong customer discovery skills, and can iterate and pivot without attachment to ideas based on new data points gathered
- Strong visioning skills, based on a mix of both intuition and data, and the ability to sell that vision to the team
- Strong understanding of building MVPs from 0-1, and making them into SLCs
- The ability to consider and ensure the business viability of your product line
- You should be able to speak Bahasa Indonesia, or have deep context into the Indonesian market
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Bonus if you had prior experience trying to start your own side-hustle or startup, and created value for customers from scratch before
- Bonus if you have background in either fintech or marketplace products
You Will Find Yourself
- Collaborating with product and business leadership to flesh out the product vision and strategy, and develop a roadmap for our new product lines that should drive product strategy, and reflect business priorities and cost
- Supporting company wide efforts of growing the business across the SEA region, with a focus in Indonesia
- Collaborating with functions across the company (especially the Executive team and UX Research) to find product market fit for new product initiatives (Including facilitating design thinking workshops, positioning exercises, product-market fit surveys)
- Understanding and communicating the problems of our users and customers, and defining a solution that is loved by them while viable for your new product line.
- Defining methods and metrics for identifying success and failure while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives.
- Leading a highly collaborative, cross-functional pod with product designers and engineers to ensure that we not only build the right products, but also build our products right
- After finding product-market fit, collaborating with sales and marketing to ensure your product line becomes a key revenue driver
- This role reports directly to the CPO
You are not (solely) responsible for:
- A team of engineers: you will take the lead in decisions about the product, but not manage the people implementing it
- Capacity planning: you will define priorities, but the Engineering Manager evaluates the amount of work possible
- Shipping in time: you will work in a cross functional team of designers and engineers, but the group is responsible for shipping on time, it’s not solely on you!
Potential Performance Indicators
- Retention of new product line
- Revenue earned from new product line
- The opportunity to be at the front seat driving StaffAny’s vision of creating the operating system for hourly work
- If you do well, the opportunity to eventually go deeper as a Senior Product Manager, or even manage multiple product lines as a Group Product Manager
- Be part of a fast-paced growth environment that always stretches you and forces you to be slightly uncomfortable
- Work with talented, intense, and motivated colleagues in a dynamic and vibrant environment