Product Design Lead
StaffAny’s mission is to shape and empower the future of work. We provide our users with a remedy that streamlines and automates their painful Operations and HR processes. Our users rely on our superpowers to root out their frustrations and we are here to empower them to make time for what they love.
About the Role
The Product Design Lead is both a managerial role as well as a hands on contributor.
As a head, you are responsible for leading our design processes, coaching our junior designers, and ensuring the quality of the design team. You have set up some design processes in your previous roles before, gave objective feedback to designers around you, and had robust discussions with both product managers and engineers. You are someone that understands how to make decisions based on a good mix of data instead of just intuition and gut feel.
As a hands-on contributor, you will also take on day to day responsibilities in our product teams, articulating and conceptualising solutions to the most complex problems that our users face. Your experience and skills puts you in a good position to solve many of these problems, and your growth mindset means you have the hunger and drive to learn to solve the ones you haven’t experienced.
As a Product Design Lead, despite the tug of war between product constraints and triaging of scarce resources, you are our beacon of inspiration to optimism, and continually fight for a “what if” and “what more can we do” mindset for our end users. Your work is never done, and the sky’s the limit!
- Visionary and excited about the future of hourly work
- A Product Design Manager that has experience in leading a small design team looking to step up to lead design for a scaling organisation (we will consider exceptional product designers looking to skip career steps too!)
- Familiar with collaborative design tools such as Figma
- Familiar leading, managing and optimising design processes, (eg. design sprints, user interview processes, solution crafting workflow, wireframing, design delivery checklist)
- Strong communicator with a strong ability to get user feedback and is humble to seek opinions of other team members such as the sales, marketing and engineering team to improve your craft.
- Strong in setting up processes and have strong clarity of objectives
- Strong in articulating customer needs and translating them to business outcomes
- Experienced with effectively blending data, research, and past experiences to make product decisions
- Someone intellectually curious in the field of product design
- Hands on product designer that is happy to get your hands dirty
- Aspiring to be the head of design as we scale our design organisation in the next few years.
You Will Find Yourself
- Design, manage and optimise our design processes
- Lead, manage and optimise an organisation wide design system
- Set the bar for design quality across departments (beyond product design)
- Lead and coach junior designers and user researchers technically and be their mentor
- Host intra-team learning and sharing sessions to scale the team skills.
- Anchoring design projects end to end, ranging from research, conceptual design, prototypes, validation of usability and feasibility to creating production ready designs and implementation
- Articulating design decisions, leveraging experience, research, and data to build consensus and move the product process forward, and incorporating feedback into the design lifecycle
- Creating durable, reusable components and patterns to accelerate the design process and create consistent, coherent experiences for users.
- Working alongside engineers and other designers to ensure design quality in implementation and process improvements
- Supporting design initiatives by sharing your process and knowledge and bringing our processes inside the team to the next level
Potential Performance Indicators
- Overall Results – Uplift in UX Metrics (eg. UMUX, HEART), maturity scores and NPS.
- Overall Outputs – Design output and deadline management
- The opportunity to impact millions of hourly workers in the region
- The opportunity to set up processes and impact product decisions directly
- Be part of a fast-paced growth environment that always stretches you and forces you to be slightly uncomfortable
- The opportunity to support and grow multiple young designers’ careers
- Work with talented, intense and motivated colleagues in a dynamic and vibrant environment