Finance and Strategy Lead
It ain't about the money money money, we just wanna make the fi..nance
StaffAny’s mission is to shape and empower the future of work. We provide our users with a remedy that streamlines and automates their painful Operations and HR processes. Our users rely on our superpowers to understand their frustrations and we are here to empower them to make time for what they love.
About the Role
The Finance and Strategy Lead is responsible for implementing financial processes and systems as well as internal strategy projects as StaffAny continues to grow. You are our first finance related hire, and are someone aspiring to be a CFO as part of your career plans. You should have some degree of accounting experience, but is someone keen on applying that knowledge in real time to transform business strategy. You are keen on this journey, because you want to set the foundation and be a key member for a potentially large fundraise of at least $10m in the next 24 months.
This team member should have success developing robust financial reporting processes, financial controls and insightful KPI dashboards necessary for a fast-moving leading software/SaaS company. He/She will be responsible for preparing the quarterly board meetings, and will have direct interaction with other leaders across the StaffAny team. He or she should have internal strategy competency to lead internal transformation.
In addition to leading the finance organization, this member has a passion for how the finance function can transform the strategy, accountability and operations of the Company as a whole. The position reports directly to the CEO.
- Good with numbers, accurate with projections
- Have experience with accounting best practices, and comfortable with building dashboards and processes.
- Have experience in preparing for board meetings, an eye for detail, and ability to be a partner to the CEO
- Comfortable with working with other leaders of the group to achieve their desired targets.
- Interested in the SaaS space and wants to build a Unicorn in SEA
- Strong intellectually with 3-6 years of work experience, ideally with a background in management consulting (preferably consulting), top-tier investment banking, Venture Capital, and/or corporate strategy at a high-growth tech startup
You Will Find Yourself
- Ensure an Robust and effective finance and planning infrastructure
- Responsible for leading the financial planning cadence on a rolling 4 quarter basis
- Develop integrated and scalable financial systems that provide highly predictable and understandable financial results.
- Ensure timely and accurate budget vs actual analysis and future projections.
- Work with leaders of business groups to ensure forecasts and financial targets will be achieved.
- Responsible for creating KPI and dashboard frameworks such that all KPIs have definitions and are integrated into the Company’s financial model. This includes accurate, timely, detailed, and easy-to-access metrics on Sales, Sales Enablement, Customer Success and Adoption, People Ops, Marketing, Engineering, Product, and Finance.
- Ensure non-gaap financial metrics are properly defined, measured and reported on a consistent basis.
- Coordinate and prepare quarterly board packages for review and analysis by the Board of Directors.
- Analyze the company’s financial results – profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs, and be a key member in the subsequent fundraising efforts
- APAC team’s performance management, special projects, internal strategy projects, and long-term strategic planning.
Potential Performance Indicators
- Planned versus Actuals
- Runway of the company
- Reliability of dashboards and reports
- Successful stakeholder meetings and reports
- The opportunity lay the foundations to scale a large fundraising round ~$10m within 24 months.
- The opportunity to set up processes, and take charge of the entire shape of the finance team
- Be part of a fast-paced growth environment that always stretches you and forces you to be slightly uncomfortable
- Work with talented, intense and motivated colleagues in a dynamic and vibrant environment